Friday, August 8, 2014

Look Who's 3 Months Old!

July 29th marked Piper's third month! This summer has been a whirlwind of activity, and she's been smiling and laughing through it all (well, most of it at least). At 3 months Piper is loving to smile and talk to others. She is just starting to giggle (have I mentioned that is the BEST sound on Earth) and is becoming more social every day. She continues to love her Mom, but Dad is becoming a new favorite...she also adores her Big Brother Cole and listens for his voice throughout the day.

Piper is sitting up with assistance and enjoys time in her Bumbo chair. You can't go very far because at any moment she could tumble over. She doesn't love tummy time, but she'll tolerate it more these days now that she isn't face planted into the blanket. I keep telling her it gets easier the more she does it, but she's not going for that. I'm not pushing it...Cole never liked it either and all was well! This little grabber is grasping at everything in sight, including Mom's necklace and the elephants on her bouncer. She laughs at them and talks to them when no one is listening (except me).

Sleep continues to be a wonderful thing! Most nights she's sleeping a good 8 hours (9pm-6:30pm). Some days if she is really tired and wants to head to bed earlier then she's up between 2:30-3:30am. Although I don't love that, I can NOT complain one bit. I am really hoping this continues over the next few months when I head back to work!

We seem to have her reflux under control. Piper continues to take Zantac three times/day and I have reintroduced dairy into my diet without any issue. She can still be gassy at times- leading to her crying fits- but most days she's in great spirits. She is pooping galore again (thank goodness) and that also keeps her happy. I keep saying I would rather clean up 4 blow outs in a day than no poop!

I'll be heading back to work at the end of August and Piper will be staying home with Dad for 6 weeks. She's been practicing taking bottles and Jim's been doing a great job juggling both kids. I didn't get out and about as much as I would have liked to this summer (alone, that is), but I can't complain. I think we are finally adjusting to life with 2...most days it's great!













No comments: