Thursday, June 19, 2014

Organized Sports...Worth it?

Cole has been REALLY into playing (I use that term loosely) soccer and t-ball in our backyard. In all honesty, the kid is good. Really good. He can smack that ball off the tee and has actually hit it over our neighbor's fence. Because of his new found enthusiasm, we signed him up for soccer on Wednesdays and T-Ball on Mondays. We thought for sure he was going to LOVE playing, but as of now he's not overly enthusiastic about organized sports. The pictures below are from his first t-ball practice...don't let these smiles fool you. The minute the coaches (there were at least 8) called the kids over, Cole's shy side came out and he didn't want to do anything. The boy that wants to race EVERYONE would only walk around the bases and we couldn't get him out in the field to play catch. We are taking it one week at a time, and I'm trying really hard not to lose my patience with him. My mom and my brother remind me how shy I was as a young kid, but what frustrates me the most is that I know he'd love it if he just gave it a go. Next week they start hitting off the tee- I'm really hoping that will bring him around. Come on Cole...Mom knows you can do it!




This is how Cole spent most of the t-ball practice...

First Dad went out and tried...

Then Mom...


He started to warm up to the idea...

One of the coaches even ran by his side...

By the end of practice he was just getting ready to play! 


But it was time to go...


This is what he does when we're at home! Come on Big Guy...show those kids what you can do! 

No comments: