Monday, June 30, 2014

2 Months Old!

Piper Jean turned two months old on June 29, 2014! The weeks are flying by, and each day brings changes- some good, some bad, some ugly!

The majority of the time our sweet little Piper is a darling, happy-go-lucky girl. Piper loves to be talked to and sang to and will smile and let her darling dimple shine through. She's weighing in at 11lbs. 4.5oz and is 23 1/2inches long. Piper is wearing 0-3 month clothing and size 1 diapers. She's periodically taking bottles so that Mom can get the hell out of the house once in a while. She's very much a Mama's girl at the moment. I am not sure how that happened, and although it's charming at times, it's getting a little exhausting. It seems like every time Dad picks her up she's crying. Although she loves to stretch and kick, if she had it her way she'd spend the entire day in my arms. Grasping and holding on is another one of her favorite things to do. She now recognizes my face and I'm often greeted with a huge smile. She enjoys watching her "friends" on her play mat and in her bouncy chair. The blue elephant seems to be a favorite right now.

A few weeks back we started Zantac for acid reflux. At the same time I took myself off of dairy. Piper was having a tough time nursing and we thought we'd give this a try. I still haven't reintroduced dairy into my diet, probably because I am a little paranoid. To be 100% honest, I'm not sure it's reflux. Piper is a very gassy baby. It seems like the only time this young lady cries or fusses is when she has gas. Along with that, she's started the "I only poop every 4-5 days" stage. I remember that phase with Cole and I do not like it. At all. I know it's normal with breastfed babies, but it's no fun.

Since her big brother has been busy, Piper has been out and about almost every day. She travels well and is content being on the go. She sleeps on and off throughout the day, but she doesn't have a structured nap time yet. I am trying to set that up, but it's hard when you're juggling two kids, and her big brother doesn't understand the concept of staying quiet because his sister is resting. June 19th marked her first night in her crib. She's doing VERY WELL in that department. She has her last feeding between 7:30-9pm and then she's down for the night. Most nights she'll sleep until 3:30am, but recently she's been stretching it until 4am or 4:30am.















No comments: