Friday, May 9, 2014

Birthday Weekend!

I was so thankful NOT to be in the hospital for my birthday. Piper's due date was awfully close to my birthday and I really wasn't interested in sharing that date. We were home Thursday evening and my birthday was Saturday. My family, with my blessing, organized a party at my house. Everyone brought something so the only thing I had to do was be home.

Dr. Pikna came to our house for Piper's two-day checkup...what pediatrician do you know that still does house calls? The man is amazing. She weighed in at 7lbs. 6oz...only two ounces away from her birth weight. She was doing very well. I picked up the house a bit, vacuumed and put Cole down for rest. By 3:30pm my parents and siblings were arriving to celebrate. It was a tad chilly, but the sun was shining and we were able to be outside! We ordered pizzas and chilled out. Although I was still a bit tired, I was still riding the newborn buzz so nothing mattered! The entire family doted on my sweet little Piper!

It was a great 37th birthday!



















No comments: