Monday, December 23, 2013

It's a...Girl!

December, it's December?!? How the hell did that happen? This year has flown by so quickly...our family has had so much going on, it's hard to believe I haven't had a chance to post in a while. 

With the holidays upon us I figured I'd use this time to tell my followers some incredible news...we're welcoming baby #2! Cole will be a big brother to a sweet baby GIRL in May. Yes, I said a girl. I've had a few weeks to let that sink in, but it caught us all off guard. Our names haven't been finalized, but Piper Jean or Ella Jean will be joining the Sommerville clan. As I sit here I remember a post I wrote back in late August, about 30 minutes after realizing I was pregnant. It's still sitting in my drafts, although I'm sure it's safe to send it out there for others. At that moment, just like this moment, I was filled with nervousness, anxiety, excitement, and fear. Pregnancy is not my favorite...I know many women that love it up, but I'm not one of them. Every part of pregnancy is out of my control and because of that I tend to get a little worked up. With that said, I did pretty well the first time around so I'm hoping the next twenty weeks are smooth sailing. 

Cole is beyond excited to be having a sister. Initially he was hoping for a brother, but once we told him the news he didn't really care. His stuffed friend "Baby" instantly had a newborn diaper on (yes, I still had a few laying around) and just this week he asked if the baby was coming the day after Santa. I know he'll be an incredible sibling and a great helper for Mom. 





We are home the next two weeks so I'm hoping to use the time to organize and clean a bit. I'll be emptying my craft room (where the hell am I going with all that), to prepare for a nursery! 

It's been a whirlwind of a fall 

No comments: