Saturday, August 17, 2013

Keep Calm and Get Dirty!

The sun was shining and the weather was perfect for the DiRTy GiRL MuD rUn!! Kari and I ran it last year with a few other ladies, but this year we dragged Lisa with us, and the three of us had a blast. I could not have asked for a more perfect morning.

Jim and Cole arrived just in time to see me off at the Start and cruised around to take pictures where they could...a HUGE thank you to Jim for cheering me on! I think it helped that Kari's husband Mike was there, along with her three boys. 

This is my second year taking on this 5K run & obstacle course and I am already looking forward to next year. Interested in joining us? Just let me know!!

Getting my ankle taped up...

Pink Out on the Eyes...

Race Numbers down the Arms...

...and we're ready to go!

Checking our gear before heading to the start...

Look how clean we are...








Cole and Jim arrived just in time to see me take off!



Listening to the safety talk and warming up...




Nothin' to it, 'cept to do it!




And we're off...



Ready to climb...




Bouncing down...


No mud...yet!


Flying camera capturing the race
I think Cole wanted to play with this thing...

Utopia Tubes filled with mud and muck...Lisa's not so sure!

I'm ready!



Two of Kari's boys watching their mommy get down and dirty!

Only the legs and chest...not so bad.






Heading into the course...see  you guys on the other side!




Heading to the last obstacles and the Finish Line!



GET A GRIP!


Ringing the bell...we made it!


The last obstacle...the guys got to watch us in this mud pit!





head to toe- mud!

You made it, Lisa! Coming back next year? 

Thanks for cheering me on!


Waiting in the ridiculously long line to shower off...

Thanks for an awesome adventure ladies! Can't wait until next year!


No comments: