Friday, June 28, 2013

Two Weeks In...

Well, we are two weeks into potty training and I can honestly say we see the light. I'm not going to lie...potty training sucks, but a keep hearing a little voice saying, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

We are on to Potty Chart #3 and the stickers and M treats are still flowing. Cole wears undies all day and only puts a Pull-Up on if we are leaving the house for an extended outing and at nap. To be totally honest, the accidents we've had haven't been in a Pull-Up, they're typically due to the fact that it's very hard to convince a two year to slow down and listen to his body. Today at Target he told us he had to go and Jim took him to use a urinal!

Most naps Cole wakes up totally dry and we woke to him telling us he had to go potty the last two mornings. At first I thought it was a ploy to get out of bed, but when he sat down he really had to go and his diaper from the night before was dry too!

Jim and I are so proud of Cole and this new adventure for us! I'm anxious to get the little potty chair out of my foyer, but I guess that's what happens when your only bathroom is on the second floor- I am happy to say he's not afraid of the big toilet and will definitely use it, it's just not as convenient for most situations. 

I know we are not out of the woods yet, but I'm very happy Cole is making such an effort. I too, have to remind myself not to lose my patience when accidents happen. 
The first chart was such a success I had to make another one!!
We thought he'd be tired of stickers by the end of chart #2, but I guess not!
We are on to Chart #3...will it be the last? Who knows. Cole lives that we cheer and jot down notes after he puts his sticker on. Even Grammy and Bumps wrote him a note the night they watched him!!


No comments: