Tuesday, May 7, 2013

#gratitude

I have recently realized that I like being a working mom...so many of my friends complain because they'd rather be home with their children. I agree that would be wonderful, but I also realize it's not realistic in our world, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy working. Some days I can't stand my job and it challenges me in ways I never thought I'd imagine, but I am who I am because I work. No disrespect (AT ALL) to my stay-at-home friends, I just couldn't do it...and quite frankly, I don't want to. I may question my profession once in a while, but I don't question working. I'm fortunate to have my summers off and I'm absolutely thankful for the amazing caregivers I have for Cole. 

Most of you know I'm a teacher and a mom, so this is a great week to extend my #gratitude towards the men and women that care for Cole when I am at work. Becoming a mother has made me a better teacher because for the first time I realized that there is someone spending more time each day with my child than I am. I could be devastated by that, or I could accept it and realize that these amazing individuals are providing for him in ways that I may or may not be able to. Cole spends his days in three different settings and he adores each and every one for different reasons. I wouldn't trade my situation for the world. 

SO...to Miss Diane, Miss Heather, Miss Kelly and Miss Samantha- thank you from the bottom of my heart for loving and caring for Cole each day. He looks forward to school and spends our entire commute home sharing all of the details of his day. He wakes up singing "Who's here today?" and goes to bed at night asking if tomorrow is a school day. You make going to work each day possible and I'll forever be grateful for each of you. 

To Grammy, Bumps, Aunt Kathy, and Uncle Donn- the relationship that each of you have with Cole is something I cherish and think about every single day. A day does not go by when all four of you are not talked about. If it were up to Cole the four of you could move right in, spending every waking minute with him. From his bagels with Bumps, songs with Grammy, walking adventures with Aunt Kathy, and cars & construction vehicles with Uncle Donn, my sweet little boy is spoiled rotten...and I love it! 

These are the gifts I put together for Teacher Appreciation Week...Mother's Day ideas are up next. 





The circle sign reads...Thank You for helping Cole BLOOM! 


No comments: