Saturday, April 6, 2013

Back to Reality...

Although we had a relatively uneventful Spring Break, I must say it was a nice, relaxing week at home. We had enough outings throughout the week to keep us from getting stir crazy, yet we were able to have plenty of snuggly PJ days.

Dad came over today for lunch and to help me with my taxes...Cole missed Grammy, but was in heaven having Bumpa at his house for a visit. As I type, Jim and I are enjoying the Final Four games, and this final Saturday night before heading back to work in less than 48 hours. It'll be tough to get back in to it, but there is NO complaining because summer will be here before we know it.

My break is extended one extra day because I'm heading to Madison tomorrow for the WEMTA conference. The majority of the sessions are all day Monday, but I'm heading to the capital on Sunday afternoon so I can see a keynote speaker and enjoy a night by myself. Never in my life would I have thought I'd look forward to a quiet night alone in a hotel room. I'm hoping to find a nice place to eat and maybe do a little bit of shopping on State Street! This may be the longest time I've ever been away from Cole...that's actually kind of pathetic, no? I will miss him, but I know he'll have a lot of fun with Daddy and Aunt Kathy (A big thank you to Aunt Kathy for switching days this week so that Jim could conveniently drop off and pick up in Bayview after work, allowing me the opportunity to go to this conference). I'm really hoping this conference teaches me a thing or two...I'm in the midst of planning out my day to maximize my time and the most from the opportunity.

No comments: