Sunday, March 10, 2013

dress me up...

I've always really loved clothes...not so much shopping, but clothes. Correction: If money wasn't an issue I would actually love shopping, but it's not as much fun when you feel guilty every time you swipe the debit card. And to be fair...there is nothing better than a little retail therapy...topped off with a glass of wine, of course.
Anywho- regardless of shopping, I love clothes, I love cute outfits, I love putting creative pieces together. It's a lot of work to do that though so in the past year or two I've been quick to throw on a pair of jeans or sweatpants and go. I could blame Cole, but he really had nothing to do with it. I got lazy. I didn't care. It was easier, sometimes it still is easier, to throw on a pair of comfy pants, a hooded sweatshirt, tennies and call it a day. No more, I tell you. No more.
One of my new year's resolutions was to look good and feel good. I've put on a few pounds in the last year and I'm not too concerned, but it's made me feel a little frumpy as of late. I could hit the gym, but I can't get myself motivated to go at 8pm after a full day of work and putting Cole down. Summer will be here before I know it and I'll have the time and energy to devote to getting fit again but In the meantime I've been having fun with my clothes and creatively hiding the areas that need a little work.
Pinterest has become my new best friend, helping me look at outfits and see pieces of clothing that I never would have put together before. I'm somewhat addicted to pinning and then searching in my closet to recreate the look. I've also fallen in love with a few fashion blogs, they seem to be everyday women like me that have an eye for flair and fashion.
Kendi Everyday
J's Everyday Fashion
Putting Me Together
A part of me is sort of embarrassed by this, but since viewing these blogs I have been trying to photograph my outfits each day so I can keep track of the ones I like and the ones I love. It's silly, I know, especially since many people probably think the outfits I'm creating are boring or normal, but I've come to realize the photos are not for them. I'm taking them for me so I don't care. The iPhone pictures are horrible because 1: I'm using an iPhone, 2: I'm taking the picture through the view of a mirror, and 3: the lighting in our bathroom (our entire house actually) sucks. Obviously someone else is taking the pictures for these beautiful women. I could ask Jim to do that, but he'd probably just laugh at me. Plus he wouldn't have the patience to take my picture 10 times until I really like it. This way, if I do it using the mirror I can use that as the excuse for why it's a shitty picture.


At some point I'll post the pics...

No comments: