Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Year 13!

Today was the official start to my 13th year of teaching...it's really hard for me to believe that I have been teaching that long. I wouldn't say I was ready to go back to work because that would be a down right lie, but I was a little excited to start another year. Maybe because the sooner the year starts, the sooner it ends and it's summer vacation today.

With temperatures nearing 90 degrees in Brookfield, my classroom thermostat was hovering close to 95 degrees. Add to that 30 fifth graders and you're in for one warm, sweaty day. I can already tell that I have a hand full of children that will be testing me throughout the year, but for every one of the testers, I have 3 sweet, wonderful kiddos. Only time will tell!

To all of the teachers and students out there...here's to another great year!

No comments: