Monday, May 7, 2012

35!?!?

35 years old!?! How the hell did that happen? I feel like I just celebrated my 30th birthday! Anyone that knows me knows that I love my birthday. It used to be my favorite day of the year. I'm not sure when I stopped feeling that way, but this year was a tough one for me. Maybe it's because I now have a child and celebrating his birthdays are a lot more fun than mine...who knows, but 35 was a tough pill for me to swallow.

My birthday fell on a school day...several of my students planned a bit of a surprise for me. I strolled in to my room a little after 8am and found streamers and balloons hanging from the ceiling. They threw confetti in my face and even had a beautiful sheet cake and gifts on my desk. It really was a great way to start the day. They were less than thrilled to discover that yes we'd eat cake before lunch, but they still had to finish their Unit 11 math test.






Jim had a track meet that Thursday so Cole and I spent the night enjoying dinner and playing. Jim was home right after bed time so at least we had a little time together. He bought me an iPad, a gift I would have bought myself had he not bit the bullet and popped for it. I spent this past weekend setting it up and I'm now loving it. Friday after work the family went to dinner at Cafe Hollander in Tosa. I was nervous to be taking Cole out on a Friday night, but he was such a trooper. He ate and behaved well in the restaurant and he crashed on the way home, giving Jim and I the rest of the night to relax.

Unfortunately I didn't bring my good camera to the restaurant so I apologize for the crappy iPhone pics...











All in all, turning 35 really wasn't so bad. It sucks that I'm now rounding up to 40, but there's no way to avoid getting older so I may as well enjoy it. A big thank you for all of the cards, texts, FB messages, gifts, and phone calls. You made my day extra special!!

No comments: