Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Sick, Sick Boy

After a fun-filled St. Patrick's Day Cole ate a great dinner and then passed out cold for the night...as we approached the wee hours of morning, Jim and I were awoken to Cole's cries. That's not very usual these days. When I went in to check on him I found him soaking wet in sweat...I peeled off his PJ's and gave him a dose of Tylenol.

As morning approached Cole woke with a fever of 103.4! It always amazes me how he can go from perfectly happy and healthy to downright miserable overnight. With the weather temperatures nearing 80 degrees on Sunday, Jim and I spent our day on the couch with our little Cole. Even with medicine in his system he had a hard time bringing his temperature below 101. We have NEVER seen him like that. He slept his entire day away...

Finally after a 3+ hour nap in the late afternoon, Cole woke willing to eat a little oatmeal and apple sticks. He played for a short time and by 7:15pm he was exhausted all over again. I put him down for the night thinking he'd be awake having slept all day, but surprisingly he slept the full 12+ hours that night too. I took Monday off to be sure the bug was out of his system...by Monday afternoon he was back to his old self...thank goodness.



No comments: