Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Lil' Monsters

In a bit of frustration I decided I needed to learn how to crochet. It was a hobby my grandma taught me when I was a little girl, but never kept up. Once I learned to knit it never occurred to me to need to know how to do both.
After searching ravelry and learning about amigurumi, I knew I had to learn how to crochet. Colleen taught me the basics a few Sundays back and since then I've been practicing my making washcloths.
These little monsters were my first attempt at a real project. I've been experimenting with embroidery in their facial expressions. It's my favorite part of making them. I am a little biased, but they turned out absolutely adorable.
As much as I'd love to keep them, I'm actually giving them to a soon to be sweet little baby. No worries though, I'm already in the process of making another set for Cole.

No comments: