Monday, January 2, 2012

Utensils...do we really need them?

I'll be honest, at most meals I do my best to distract and entertain Cole so I can shovel food in his mouth to keep the feeding session to 60 minutes. Feeding a toddler is a true test of my patience. I'm learning to go with the flow, but boy oh boy does it drive me crazy some nights. It's not that I care if he gets messy or tosses food on the floor a little bit, it's just that it takes FOREVER. I only have 2 hours (tops)/night with the boy. I hate spending most of it at the table.

Cole loves his utensils and will even use them to eat once in a while...the fork is a lot more useful for actually getting the food into his mouth, but once he started brushing his hair with it, I figured I'd hold on to it for a while. As long as he's eating and smiling, I guess that's all that matters.



No comments: