Monday, January 2, 2012

Mom, Don't Make Me!!

I'm not sure why I do this to myself, but I for some unknown, crazy reason I felt the need to take Cole to have his picture taken with Santa. In the back of my head I knew this would be the trip from hell, but I quietly told myself it would be great and I went.

Jim had to work on the Friday before Christmas so after a morning with Grandma so Mom could get her hair cut, I took Cole over to Brookfield Square to meet Santa. That was my first mistake...going to the mall on Good Friday. What the hell was a I thinking? Why didn't someone warn me? Thank god for the marked spaces for "expecting women and moms with small children". I got rock star parking so I was in a good mood.

I walked to the center of the mall only to discover a ridiculously long line. Most Moms with a 15 month old would leave and say forget it...not me. That was mistake #2...we stood in line for 90 minutes. Shockingly Cole was extremely well behaved. He flirted with everyone around us and shared his Kix and Cheerios with any stranger that would take one from his tiny little mitts.



Look at that sweet face...he looks ready, doesn't he?

We finally got to the front of the line and he calmly walked up to the jolly old man in red. When I lifted him to put him on Santa's lap, all hell broke loose and the boy lost it. He could have been overtired (no nap), he could've been hungry (out of Cheerios), but most likely he was scared shitless because Mom plopped him on the lap of a strange man in a suit and walked away...

What was I thinking? Do I really need these annual pictures? I would imagine it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Is it bad that these pictures sort of make me laugh?!




No comments: