Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

My favorite holiday has once again come and gone. Everyone always told me that once I have children Christmas will become my celebration of choice, but I can't say I agree. In my opinion Thanksgiving is just the most perfect holiday.

We have so much to be thankful for this year (in no special order)...

  • Our Jobs...Jim and I are both teaching 5th grade this year for the first time. Even though the hositility towards teachers continues in our great state of Wisconsin, I try to approach each day with a positive attitude and outlook. Recall efforts for our loser governor Scott Walker are underway and we hope everyday that the douche bag loser is booted from office.
  • Our Health... all three of us have had to deal with very few health problems. Knock on wood, but besides allergies, we haven't had the cold or flu sweep through the Sommerville house yet. With Cole in daycare three days a week that is somewhat surprising.
  • Our Family... we spent the majority of Thanksgiving weekend with our families. Matt, Val and Brody joined us on Thanksgiving for dinner. It was really nice to prepare the entire meal ourselves, set the table, and eat together. Cole and Brody had a ton of fun playing together, and we had hopes of watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving together, but Cole crashed and Brody was ready for bed as well.
  • Our Time Together...Jim and I both had off the Wednesday before Turkey Day so that made for an extra long weekend at home together. There is nothing better than lazy days in PJ's with little to no plans. Cole slept like a champ, staying in his crib until 8:30 or 9am each day, which allowed Jim and I some much needed time to sleep in. Although our weekend was busy with family dinners and birthday parties, we weren't constantly on the go which made the days go by at a decent pace.
  • Our Dogs...Willie and Lexa have been such good troopers in the last few months. I most often lose my patience the most with those two loveable beasts, mainly because they're just looking for some extra love. I will say though, that I am so blessed to have them in my life. Their constant love and attention is sometimes exactly what I need at the end of a busy, hectic day.
  • Our Cole...what can I say? This little man is the absolute best thing I have EVER done in my life. Every day I am more and more amazed at him and all he's learning to do. He's like a sponge, constantly changing and figuring things out. As the months go by his own personality comes out and he gets to be more and more fun. I love him more than words can say.
I'm sure I could continue this list of thankful goodies, but you get the point. Jim and I are very lucky to have all that we have. There are so  many people in this world that are less fortunate than the two of us. Some days are lives are difficult, money is tight, our government is a mess, but when push comes to shove, we have a lot to be thankful for...we are blessed.


Dancing to the music of the Macy's Day Parade.

Loving the oversized balloons...


Our Turkey Chair Backers

Centerpiece

Mom and Cole...praying for a morning nap on Thanksgiving day

Cole with Aunt Val

Willie snuck up on the couch with Uncle Matt...damn dog!

Schmidt family Thanksgiving on Friday at Mom and Dad's house

Cole with Claire's husband, Matt

Claire and Aunt Kathy reading with Cole...Claire's expecting in May!!!

Cole absolutely adores his oldest cousin, Michael!

Cole loves Grandma Jeanne!


Mommy Loves You, Cole!

No comments: