Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bottle Free

I haven't had to ween Cole from anything...this little guy gave up nursing when he was ready and now the time has come for him to give up his bottle. Dr. Pikna mentioned at Cole's 12 month check up that he hoped he'd give up the bottle by 15 months. To be honest, I wasn't in a hurry to get rid of it. It was a major part of our bedtime routine...it lulled him down to Snuggle Town and made going to bed very easy. The only hard part was that he'd only take a bottle from me, so that's was no fun. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE putting Cole to bed each night and prefer to do so on a daily basis, but it's tough when you're the only one that can get him down peacefully.

Jim and I had a long weekend at the end of October for Teacher's Convention...Wednesday night (Oct. 26th), I offered Cole his bedtime bottle and he refused it, Thursday...Friday...Saturday...Sunday...same thing. No bottle. By the 5th night, I figured he was done with it. We've pushed dinner back a little bit and we encourage him to drink milk from his sippy cup after dinner, but we are officially bottle free with Cole.

We get jammies on, read 2-3 books in the red rocker, sing a few lullabies and he's going down drowsy, but awake. You'd think I'd be signing Jim up for bedtime duty since I've done it EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE, but in actuality, I still love putting my little man down, kissing him goodnight, and telling him I love him more than ANYTHING on the face of this earth.

No comments: