Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lucky #13

Cole is 13 months old...how the hell did that happen? 


Jim and I keep wondering if Cole is going to talk before he walks...he's been babbling and trying to copy everything that comes out of our mouths. For those of you that know Jim and I that could be an issue :) He's definitely getting frustrated that he can't actually talk, but we're figuring out his form of communication and making the best of it.

I would be lying to you if I didn't admit I'm a little bummed that Cole is not walking by now. I know he's within the "normal" range, but I am anxious for him to be mobile on two feet. He walks along things, but he hasn't taken his "first" step yet. I'll try not to worry too much about it, but boy oh boy am I ready for that.

This past month has been the month of diaper rashes. Cole's bum has been on fire, bumpy, bleeding...you name and his butt's felt it lately. We're chalking it up to teething and the molars that are making their way through the gum line, but for a while we were a little concerned. We took him in to the doctor to have it looked at. They gave us two prescriptions, which have helped, but it's still pretty red. It doesn't help that the kid poops like a machine. It's nonstop lately...Dr. Pikna had him on lactose free milk because of the diarrhea, but that didn't do much. I'm convinced it all has to do with teeth.

Besides that, our baby is well on his way to becoming a little boy. The months spent with Cole just keep getting better and better. His smiles and giggles bring absolute joy to my life and I can't imagine my world without him!

We love you Cole!

No comments: