Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Brothers Come to Town

The brothers made the trip to Wisconsin for Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary party. It was an awesome family weekend together. We didn't have a ton of big things planned, but we spent plenty of quality time just hanging out, watching Wisconsin sports, and being together. Something we do not get to as an entire family very often.

It's weekends like this that make me realize how much I miss the brothers in North Carolina, and their families. Cole absolutely LOVED spending time with his cousins, and being surrounded by so many people that loved him. Jim, Jackie and the girls watched him on Friday morning because I had to work a half day. I was nervous to leave him since they had never met each other, but when I came home I quickly realized how much they spoiled him rotten. He adored Madelyn and Isabel and had undivided attention. Saturday and Sunday were spent enjoying the beautiful fall weather. We went to the Farmer's Market, watched Brewer baseball and Packer football, grilled out and laughed! It was a great weekend.

I'm not sure when we'll see the brothers again so I cherish the time we have together. Who knows, maybe we'll take a road trip down to Asheville. I'd love for Cole to have more time with his cousins.

















No comments: