Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Good Day Sunshine

Jim and I are convinced that Cole gets bored when he's stuck in the house too long, so we've been taking advantage of the sunshine and playing outside. It's been really hot and humid so we've had to wait until the shade makes it's way to the backyard so we're not all melting.

Our neighbors put up a pool and keep inviting us to join them for a dip. Kari gave me a swimsuit that had a built in life preserver so I decided to give it a try with Cole. It was a little big for him and my little turtle kept getting lost in the neck. Cole loved the water, but hated the contraption that we had him in. We packed it back up for next summer and decided to buy him a floating device instead. We haven't given that a try yet, but I'm sure we'll give a whirl next week. The pictures below are not that great because it was dusk and I only had my phone on hand, but I captured the moment. That's all that matters. 




 I really want a wooden Radio Flyer wagon, but we found this one at a garage sale for $5 so Jim pulled it home. I would have thought Cole was still too little for a wagon ride, but boy was I wrong. I sat him on the floor of the wagon and within minutes he propped himself up and sat on the seat. He held on to both sides the entire ride. We started out by cruising around the backyard, but within a day we were exploring our hood. I am still shocked that he sat still the entire time.

No comments: