Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On the Move!

Nine months is turning out to be an exciting month for Cole...he's been working on crawling for several weeks now, and finally the little man is on the move. I wouldn't say he's really crawling, but he pivots himself all over the place and scoots backwards quite well. He now sits himself up in his crib each morning and chit chats with himself for at least 30 minutes before he's ready to get up. It's quite charming to listen to him talk to himself and play with his nuk. I keep saying I'm going to leave a toy or two in there so he has something to play with when he gets up.

I'll be honest, I'm in NO hurry for him to hit the crawling milestone. That just means more work for the adults in his life, but it is fun to watch him scoot. He gets up on all fours, rocks back and forth, and once in a while he'll move...he's been rolling up to his knees for a week or so, and finally figured out how to scoot his legs behind him so he's not sitting criss cross.




I walked into the kitchen the other day and came back to an empty living room carpet. I found Cole had scooted across the rug and he was wedged up against the couch and the corner. He was less than thrilled...I felt bad he was crying, but I had to leave him long enough to snap his picture. On a few occasions we've found him under our purple couch, trying desperately to get out, but sliding on the hardwood floor. I give him about a week or two and he'll be crawling all over and we'll be needing to purchase some safety gates for the basement stairs!

No comments: