Thursday, May 26, 2011

my newest baby....

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear Kate, happy birthday to me!

Jim and I have been discussing getting a new camera since just before Cole was born. We have been LONG overdue, but we just never wanted to pop for what we really wanted. It didn't seem worth it to spend $200 on another point and shoot when what we wanted was something more substantial.

I've been toying with photography and have been wanting to take a class to learn more so it seemed like we should just spend the money on what we really wanted. I wish I could say we did more research on our purchase, but we really didn't. We looked at our options and decided on the Canon EOS, Rebel T3i. It just came out in March to replace the T2i although there aren't very many differences from the two.

It's definitely more camera than we know what to do with, but we're learning quickly and it sure does take phenomenal pictures. We've had a lot of fun taking pictures of the dogs, Cole, even motorcycles on our trip to Madison today. I'm looking forward to learning the tricks of the trade...anyone that knows me knows this will be my newest hobby.

No comments: