Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Starting Solids

Several weeks ago we started rice cereal...it wasn't one of Cole's favorites, but when we started mixing it with warm water instead of breast milk he took it down a little better.

Once Cole hit the 5 month mark, we dove into the solids. We started with squash and that was an absolute flop. Cole literally gagged it down, and within seconds he spit it back up. I had to laugh because when I smelled the jar I had to agree with him.

We waited a day or two and decided to jump into sweet potatoes. Many moms told me that sweet potatoes were their childs' favorite so I thought we'd go for it. Boy o' boy were they a hit. He looked like a little bird asking for more with an open mouth. Carrots were another success.

Starting solids has been a lot of fun. I love watching Cole's facial expressions when he tastes the new food on his tongue. I can't even imagine what that must be like for him...

No comments: