Saturday, January 1, 2011

welcome 2011

Happy New Year! My goal was to publish this post on January 1, 2011...according to the clock on my computer I have about three minutes to finish typing. I'm a bit long winded when talking and typing so I'm not sure that'll happen. Maybe if I publish and then go back in, edit, and repost it'll still publish on the first day of this new year. Anyways...

2010 was quite a year...bringing Cole into the world was the most exciting part of the year. When I think back to last NYE I realized I didn't even know I was pregnant, although I was. The Sunday after New Years was when I took the first of many pregnancy tests to determine that I was indeed carrying a child. It's amazing how quickly the year went by. Sadly I have a feeling this year will go by even faster.

Jim and I had a VERY low key evening at home. Jim installed, then uninstalled, then reinstalled two new lighting fixtures in our foyer and dining area. That was a real treat for me because I've been wanting to do that since we moved in five, yes five, years ago. We put Cole to bed and thought we'd watch a movie, but found ourselves exhausted and sleeping on our own recliners in the basement. Knowing I missed a good portion of the movie because I was dozing, I went upstairs to pump I looked at the clock and realized that it was 11:58pm. I finished up quickly and went downstairs to wish Jim a Happy New Year! We then crawled upstairs with dogs in tow and fell sound asleep.

As I type that I realize how uneventful and boring it sounds, but in my world it was a great night at home. Being out and about, getting dressed up, paying a $40 cover charge to be smooshed in a bar...none of those things sound appealing to me right now. In three or four years I'm sure I'll be more interested in that type of NYE, but for now I'm happy just enjoying Jim's company, giggling with my boy and snuggling with my dogs.

In the blink of an eye my winter break is just about over. It always surprises me how quickly the week off goes by. Jim and I didn't have any big plans, which was alright in my world. We had a lot of relaxing days and nights at home. Unfortunately I'll be heading back to work in less than 48 hours.

I am absolutely exhausted right now so I'm signing off, but I promise to come back to this post. I have a lot to look forward to in 2011. I can't wait!

No comments: