Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kids!

Dear Cole,

I hope you're enjoying your last few weeks with Dad. Before we know it we'll be dropping you off at daycare each day. This makes Momsey very sad and she doesn't like to think about it too much. I know we really enjoyed our time together over break, and that I nursed you whenever you were hungry, but Mom had to go back to work. We talked about this...that means that you need to take bottles during the day with Dad. It's not because I don't love you or want to feed you, but because I have to work so I can provide for you all the things you're going to need. I know you don't totally get that yet, but trust me. Bottles are our friends. They allow other people to take care of you and enjoy you as much as I do. Please, Cole...trust Mom and Dad and eat more than 2 oz/feeding. We know you're still hungry. You need to eat. Plus, then Mom and Dad are not stressed out and you're not crabby in the evenings. It'll also help you sleep longer. We know how tired you're getting from playing in your Johnny Jumper and Bumbo chair each night.

I love you even when you're being stubborn, but PLEASE kiddo...help us out.

Love, Momsey

Kids...what are you going to do with them? It's Wednesday and Cole's been home with Jim again for the last three days. Our stubborn little boy has decided that he enjoyed nursing with Mommy so much over winter break that he's not fond of the bottle again. I thought we dealt with this already and that he had overcome this problem!! Yesterday he only ate 6 of the 12oz. I left him throughout the day. I nursed him as soon as I got home, and throughout the night, but the little bugger was still hungry so thought it'd be a great idea to get up at 2:30am to eat. Urrggh.

No comments: