Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two Month Check-Up...

Weight: 11lbs. 2oz (50th percentile)
Height: 24inches (85-90th percentile)
Head: 39cm

Cole had his two month check-up today. I was more nervous about this appointment than Cole was- I had a few concerns to talk to the doctor about, plus he had to have his first big round of vaccinations. Cole's growing and developing beautifully. He was having a great conversation with Dr. Pikna during his visit today. Dr. Pikna was talking to him and he just talked right back. He definitely takes after his Mom in that regard...he'll talk your ear off.

I came with my list of questions and after Cole's check-up they were all answered. I have been concerned with Cole favoring one side of his head and developing a flat spot on the side of his head. More than the flat spot I wanted to be sure he didn't have torticollis. Dr. Pikna felt his neck muscles and doesn't think he has it, but recommended we start physical therapy to develop the muscles and stretch them out a bit. He's definitely strong and can hold his head up, but doesn't like to turn side to side very much, favoring one side over the other...especially when he sleeps. Looks like I'll be calling the PT tomorrow to set up his first visit there. They'll be teaching us some exercises we can hopefully do at home. We'll also be continuing with tummy time, even if he isn't crazy about it. For being such a brave boy today during his shots, I bought Cole a glowing sea horse that makes water noises, plays music and glows...he loves staring at it so it's a perfect toy to encourage him to move his head to the other side. Plus, it's giving him great comfort this evening after his shots...

Speaking of shots, the nurse came in at the end of the appointment and gave Cole some sugar water to take the edge off the pain of his vaccines. He had three shots in his legs and one vaccine taken orally. He gave three VERY LOUD squeals after his shots, but I was able to pick him up and snuggle him. His happy little self came back pretty quickly and gave the nurse a smile before we left the room. Now that we're home, he's been fussing a little bit more. I gave him a dose of Tylenol, and he doesn't have much of an appetite, but we're laying low tonight snuggling. Hopefully he'll sleep well tonight and be back to his jolly self tomorrow. He's been so smiley lately...I'm loving it!

No comments: