Wednesday, November 3, 2010

8 weeks and counting...



Week 8: 10lbs. 11.1oz

I am 8 weeks old today...almost 2 full months. My mom and dad can hardly believe it. They keep telling me I'm getting so big so quickly. Mom's been doing a lot of snuggling lately...although we are still busy throughout the day running errands and getting out of the house, Mom's been taking time to slow down and just hold me. Sometimes I catch her staring at me and tearing up. Especially when I'm being a perfectly good boy- I don't really understand. I thought she'd cry when I cry...

I will admit, my first 8 weeks of life have been great. Especially since Mom figured out the acid reflux business and Dr. Pikna prescribed me some good medicine. I do need to tell him that I've gained a little weight and it's starting to hurt a little bit again, but Mom promised me she'd talk to the doctor next week at my 2 month check-up. I heard from my buddy Cael that I have to have shots at my next appointment. I'm not looking forward to that, but Mom said she'd hold me and make me feel better. I will be brave, but I have a feeling it's going to hurt.

Mom's been sad because it's November and at the end of the month she has to go back to work. I keep telling her it's going to be okay since Dad will be home then, but she keeps telling me that she'll miss snuggling during the day and listening to me "talk." I keep telling Mom not to think about going back to work, to just enjoy the days we have left together.

Grandma Colleen came over for dinner tonight since Papa is hunting with Uncle Nick. I got a lot of snuggles and she even helped Mom give me a bath. She couldn't get enough of the clean baby smell- I swear she smelled me forever. Well, my Mom says it's time to start winding down for the evening so I better get off the computer...plus, I need to tell Mom or Dad about my dirty diaper...they love when I go poop 10 minutes after a diaper change. By the way, a big thank you to my Aunt Stacy for sharing this outfit...My mom loves it and couldn't get enough of me today. Dad says I look like some guy named Freddy...Freddy Krueger. I don't know who he is, but Mom didn't like it. Something about giving her nightmares...who knows.

No comments: