Saturday, September 25, 2010

Two Week Appointment...


Cole had his two week appointment with Dr. Pikna on Friday. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 5.5 oz- that only places him at the 10-25th percentile. Cole is still measuring 20.5 inches long at that is about the 50th percentile. In all honesty, I do not know why they give you the percentiles nor do I really care what they are, but the nurse shared them with me so I'm documenting his growth.

Dr. Pikna checked him over and gave him a clean bill of health. He checked his eyes, ears, nose, listened to his heart, checked his skin and his hips...he took off his diaper and felt around down there to make sure everything was where it needed to be. Cole seems to be putting on weight appropriately and he had no concerns about him. We are going to be starting tummy time this week, but Dr. Pikna said not to expect too much with head control. Cole does well with his head/neck when he's laying on my chest, but on the ground will be different I'm sure.

Cole is getting bigger everyday and we've noticed so many changes already. He's no longer our quiet little peaceful man. He's gotten a little more feisty in his two weeks and is doing a bit more squawking. Jim and I can't complain since, as of today, he only cries when he needs something- typically a diaper change. We're anticipating a growth spurt in the next week or two, which means he probably won't be sleeping as well overnight. Only time will tell, I guess.

Our next appointment is his two month...that seems so far away.

No comments: