Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nothing To It, Except To Do It...

5:45am came all too soon this morning, although to be completely honest with you I didn't really need to alarm clock. Somehow my body new that the day had come and it was time for me to get up. After a little extra snuggle time with Willie and Lexa, I myself out of bed and ready to head to the hospital.
Our instructions were to call the Charge Nurse at Waukesha Memorial an hour before our 7:30am appointment. Good thing we did that before leaving the house, since they told us that my induction would be bumped. I didn't know what that meant exactly, but she basically said the hospital would call us when they were ready for us to head in...go figure. More waiting...Jim and I decided we'd treat the dogs, and ourselves, to a walk. Nothing too crazy, just our normal cruise through the neighborhood. Willie and Lexa were thrilled, especially since they had their treats and they thought we were heading out the door.
We came home and I figured I'd try to sleep...thankfully I was successful and managed to sleep until about 9:30am with Willie snuggled right in next to me. I swear that dog calms my nerves. At around 10:15am the hospital called and told us we could make our way in...instantly my anxiety hit the roof and the tears started...I calmed myself, said goodbye to the dogs and we were on our way.

In less than 45 minutes I was all checked in at Waukesha Memorial. I met Mary, my nurse for the day and we got the ball rolling. Ends up her daughter lives in Bayview on Logan...I'm glad I like her...it just makes the process that much easier. We went through a plethora of questions and then I got to meet Dr. Wagner, the resident doctor that will be here checking me until my doctor comes a little later. I informed her of Cole's positioning and my lack of dilation. She said I was only about 1 cm...ish and about 50% effaced, and he's still sitting at the zero position. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor so I have Cole's heartbeat in my ear as I type. That's reassuring, especially since Mary let me know what was normal on the monitoring screen. I also get to watch my contractions...not that I really need a monitor to tell me when they're coming, but Jim seems to like watching them rise and fall- he said it's more entertaining than the episode of "19 Kids and Counting" that we watched last night....The Duggars are insane. That's all I'll say.


Mary started my Pitocin drip...slowly, and actually she just came in and bumped me up a bit. The contractions are consistent. About every 5-6 minutes. Nothing intolerable yet, but I'm sure that'll change as the day progresses. The good news is that it doesn't feel like acid running through my veins. I really don't notice the drip at all. Hopefully they can keep it relatively low and it'll just jump start my uterus and tell it what to do.

Well, not much else to say at this point. Kind of boring, but I'll take boring as opposed to gut wrenching pain, right. I probably won't say boring in an hour or two. Oh, and did I mention that when the resident did my pelvic exam it hurt...bad :) Relatively speaking...

No comments: